Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A SNEAK PEAK at The Glittering Court

The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a review for the *SNEAK PEAK* beginning on NetGalley. So keep in mind that I have not read the whole book...

This story has quite a few pluses but some negatives as well. I am hopeful that the book will get better with the next part of the story. Mead's world-building is good. Not much to the world yet in the first part of the book but I am confident Adoria will come to life when Adelaide and company reach it. A map, however, would do a world of good in this situation.

Speaking of Adelaide, she has the potential to be a strong character. Her bravery at finding a way out of her predicament was exemplary but then she morphs into a wilting lily. Mira and Cedric, to me, are stealing the show.

The bulk of the sneak peek is Adelaide's time at the school, which is quite boring. I think that the best part of the book will come when they reach Adoria. There are a few surprises that pop up before they leave/get there that will make the next part exciting if Mead pulls it off.

I am looking forward to the full published version and will be waiting to fall in love with Adoria.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment