Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Rough Read

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

(Free copy in exchange for review)

So difficult to write this review. The book started out great! Very exciting. The main character is on the run for her life. Love it. But then it just goes downhill. The idea, story line, premise, etc. is excellent. The telling of the story is horrible. Bad grammar, repeated words and phrases, reiterating information (sometimes unimportant information), along with the flow seeming to be made up as she wrote the book (making it all up as she goes along), it all amounts to a hard to get through the story. I also had to remind myself that Robyn, the main character, was in her mid-twenties. I kept thinking I was reading about an older teen and had to say “Wait, no! She's a full-grown adult!”

If the author can clean up the writing, any sequels will be a much easier read. I have to say the only reason I got through it all because I committed to this review. Otherwise, I would have abandoned it about 20 pages in.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment